Critical Congenital Heart Disease Screening
- 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Credit Fee
- Free for the first 40 participants
- Target Audience
- Physicians, Nurses, PAs, Residents, Students, Certified Nurse Midwives, and Professional (home birth) Midwives
Following completion of this web course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the public health significance of CCHD in West Virginia
- List the requirements for universal CCHD screening and data entry with WV Birth Score database
- Summarize the anatomy and physiology of fetal circulation and transition to extrauterine function as it relates to CCHD
- Differentiate common critical congenital heart defects identifiable through pulse oximetry.
- Describe ways to avoid common mistakes performing the screening review of technique and common mistakes.
- Interpret the CCHD Algorithm
- Discuss evaluation of neonates with positive screening in WV including the use of telemedicine.
Instructions: Participants who are not WVU Faculty or Staff: you will fill out your name, email address, and phone number and SOLE will automatically email you a password. Check your spam and junk box, as the password email is occasionally marked junk or spam. Once you have your password, you will log in at http://sole.hsc.wvu.edu with your full email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) and the password from the email.