Critical Congenital Heart Disease Screening
- 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Credit Fee
- Free for the first 40 participants
- Target Audience
- Physicians, Nurses, PAs, Residents, Students, Certified Nurse Midwives, and Professional (home birth) Midwives
Following completion of this web course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the public health significance of CCHD in West Virginia
- List the requirements for universal CCHD screening and data entry with WV Birth Score database
- Summarize the anatomy and physiology of fetal circulation and transition to extrauterine function as it relates to CCHD
- Differentiate common critical congenital heart defects identifiable through pulse oximetry.
- Describe ways to avoid common mistakes performing the screening review of technique and common mistakes.
- Interpret the CCHD Algorithm
- Discuss evaluation of neonates with positive screening in WV including the use of telemedicine.
When you click the link above, you will be taken to a short form which will ask for your Name, Email Address, and Phone Number. An email with a password will be sent to the email address you provide. Check your spam or junk folder if you do not see it within several minutes of filling out the form. Also, please keep in mind that if you are not a WVU HSC employee, you will need to log in with your full email address.