Hepatitis C Virus Identifying Risk Factors and Improving Diagnosis and Management
Credit: 1.5 hour CME, 1.8 Nursing Contact Hours
Credit Fee: $20
This program is designed for local/regional health care providers, specifically physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses.
Following completion of this web course, participants should be able to:
- Identify risk factors for HCV and recognize barriers for appropriate screening
- More effectively diagnose HCV infection
- More effectively monitor and manage patients with HCV infection, including HIV-infected patients, those with substance abuse and/or psychiatric conditions, or patients in the prison population.
- Recognize and discuss new therapies and appropriate utilization of those therapies including triple drug therapy with protease inhibitors, and future use of oral three drug regimens.
- Identify disease management recommendations for patients in accordance with AASLD guidelines, that consider potential barriers to initiation such as socioeconomic status, transportation difficulties in rural areas, and substance abuse and/or psychiatric issues