Hepatitis C Virus Identifying Risk Factors and Improving Diagnosis and Management
- 1.5 hour CME, 1.8 Nursing Contact Hours
- Credit Fee
- Target Audience
- This program is designed for local/regional health care providers, specifically physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses.
Following completion of this web course, participants should be able to:
- Identify risk factors for HCV and recognize barriers for appropriate screening
- More effectively diagnose HCV infection
- More effectively monitor and manage patients with HCV infection, including HIV-infected patients, those with substance abuse and/or psychiatric conditions, or patients in the prison population.
- Recognize and discuss new therapies and appropriate utilization of those therapies including triple drug therapy with protease inhibitors, and future use of oral three drug regimens.
- Identify disease management recommendations for patients in accordance with AASLD guidelines, that consider potential barriers to initiation such as socioeconomic status, transportation difficulties in rural areas, and substance abuse and/or psychiatric issues
Instructions: Participants who are not WVU Faculty or Staff: you will fill out your name, email address, and phone number and SOLE will automatically email you a password. Check your spam and junk box, as the password email is occasionally marked junk or spam. Once you have your password, you will log in at http://sole.hsc.wvu.edu with your full email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) and the password from the email.