PRN Insomnia: A Review of High Risk Medications in Older Adults and the Revised Beers Criteria
- 1 CME, 1.1 Nursing
- Credit Fee
- If you request credit, the fee is $25
- Target Audience
- Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses who prescribe benzodiazepines or anticholinergic medications to older adults; as well as those providers who care for older adults.
Following completion of this web course, participants should be able to:
- Identify at least two principles of the updated 2015 Beers Criteria and recognize some changes made in the update
- Discuss the rationale, inclusion criteria, and specifications behind the quality measures of high risk medications
- Recognize potential harms of medications used for insomnia
- Discuss the recommendations of approaching insomnia from the American Geriatric Society and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Identify barriers to change in prescribing habits and appreciate the impact of High Risk Medications on our older adult population
Instructions: Participants who are not WVU Faculty or Staff: you will fill out your name, email address, and phone number and SOLE will automatically email you a password. Check your spam and junk box, as the password email is occasionally marked junk or spam. Once you have your password, you will log in at http://sole.hsc.wvu.edu with your full email address (i.e. email@example.com) and the password from the email.