PRN Insomnia: A Review of High Risk Medications in Older Adults and the Revised Beers Criteria
Credit: 1 CME, 1.1 Nursing
Credit Fee: If you request credit, the fee is $25
Target Audience: Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses who prescribe benzodiazepines or anticholinergic medications to older adults; as well as those providers who care for older adults.
Following completion of this web course, participants should be able to:
- Identify at least two principles of the updated 2015 Beers Criteria and recognize some changes made in the update
- Discuss the rationale, inclusion criteria, and specifications behind the quality measures of high risk medications
- Recognize potential harms of medications used for insomnia
- Discuss the recommendations of approaching insomnia from the American Geriatric Society and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Identify barriers to change in prescribing habits and appreciate the impact of High Risk Medications on our older adult population
When you click the link above, you will be taken to a short form which will ask for your Name, Email Address, and Phone Number. An email with a password will be sent to the email address you provide. Check your spam or junk folder if you do not see it within several minutes of filling out the form. Also, please keep in mind that if you are not a WVU HSC employee, you will need to log in with your full email address.