The CTRU has a sterling reputation and long legacy of service with private industry. When time is of the essence and critical goals must be achieved, the CTRU can direct your study efficiently through the infrastructure of this large institution. For more information contact John Naim, Ph.D., Director of CTRU at 304-293-4944.
Because we represent the entire WVU Health Sciences Center, the CTRU is the only administrative unit you need to communicate with during the clinical trial process. With a single phone call or e-mail to the CTRU, you can request information about our investigators, programs, and resources and initiate the process of formalizing a clinical trial agreement.
The CTRU provides our industry clients with services throughout the entire clinical trial process. Some of our offerings are:
- Establishment of cost centers
- Oversight of the receipt and disbursement of funds
- Compilation of retrospective information on patient enrollment
- Data management
- Computer-based reconciliation of clinical expenses
- Computerized event monitoring to identify potential study participants as they are admitted to the hospital or seen in the outpatient clinics
- Research Agreement Checklist -- This is a sample template that addresses and satisfies most of the requirements of WVU's Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP). The template allows the modification and customization to fit the needs of a particular study.
With over 100 years of combined nursing experience, all of our study coordinators are screened for a high commitment to quality clinical practice. These registered nurses work closely with West Virginia University's diverse faculty to ensure consistent, reliable care. They also handle submissions to the University's Institutional Review Board (IRB), a highly respected organization that ensures adherence to Federal standards and guidelines.