Interns are sent a survey to give to their employers.
Below are some of the results from these surveys.
Would you be willing to hire more graduates from our program?
100% responded “Yes”.
Rank overall performance of interns from our program compared to the performance of other entry-level graduates that have been under your employ.
2=Somewhat better performance
3= Same level performance
4=Somewhat poorer performance
5=Significantly poorer performance
Overall scores averaged 1.78 reflecting better to superior performance
The Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE), ADA’s accrediting agency for educational programs to become a RD or DTR, requires Dietetic Internship programs to meet a specific set of competencies upon graduation in order for them to be considered an “entry-level” dietitian.
The competencies listed below are an abbreviated list given to employers so they can assess how well we prepared our graduates for employment.
2=Above average performance
4=Below average performance
- Demonstrate ethical and professional conduct.
- Communicate effectively both in oral and in written form.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the organizational framework necessary for refining and accomplishing the goals and objectives of the department.
- Practice the principles of management in the functions and technical operations of a food service system.
- Assess the nutritional status of given individuals using current knowledge of nutritional needs.
- Coordinate all aspects of a nutritional care plan.
- Provide nutrition education.
- Serve as an active member of the health care team.
- Utilize existing community support system in delivering of nutrition care program.
- Practice the principles and applications of computer-assisted management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the operation of the department as a whole, integrating food and nutrition services to deliver quality care to the patients.
Overall scores averaged 1.45 refelecting exceptional performance to above average performance