Women in Science and Health
The Women In Science & Health Committee was established with the following charge:
- To enhance the advancement of women through professional development programs.
- Establishing an effective network of women faculty.
- Assesing the current status of women faculty in terms of academic rank, years of service and salary plus incentives.
- Developing and implementing a faculty mentoring program for women.
As a result of the work of this group both women and male faculty are currently involved in the mentoring program. In addition, a number of women faculty have been able to attend the prestigious Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM) with others from all across the county.
To complete an application to become a Mentor or Mentee click on the Mentoring link to the left.
- WISH Excellence Awards - Mid-Career Award and Advanced Career
- Women's Resources
- Center for Excellence in Women's Health
- AAMC Women Liason for WVU
- NIH Supports Women in Biomedical Career
AAMC Early Career Women Professional Development Seminar
2017 information will be posted soon.