ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL REGISTRY
WVU provides a secure registration system for faculty, staff, and students to record travel plans and contact information. Our international travel registry is a convenient, one-stop service that supports emergency communications and provides access to WVU's emergency travel assistance coverage while abroad. WVU has joined forces with International SOS to offer our students, faculty, and staff unique medical, safety, and security expertise, at no cost to the traveler, as well as assistance when traveling or living abroad.
WHO SHOULD USE THE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL REGISTRY?
International travel registration is mandatory for all undergraduate and graduate students, staff and faculty at HSC for WVU related business. WVU related business includes travel that is funded by WVU or for which WVU credit is given.
ABOUT ITAC APPROVAL
Those traveling to elevated risk countries may require additional preparation and approval from the International Travel Advisory Committee.
STEPS TO REGISTER TRAVEL
Please reference the list provided below to begin your international travel registration:
- Consult the U.S. Department of State and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for country specific information.
- Review the risks associated with travel to your destination and determine if you need ITAC approval.
- Print out the ISOS emergency assistance card.
- Download the ISOS assistance app onto your smartphone, establish and account using your WVU e-mail and enter your itinerary to receive regular medical and security updates for your destination.
- Schedule any needed immunizations in advance. Consult the WVU International Travel Health Clinic as necessary.
- Complete WVU's international travel registration.
- For added security and peace of mind, U.S. citizens and nationals should additionally register via the U.S. Department of State's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
- Inform your home country's embassy when abroad.
Additional Travel Links: