AMIZADE NOW PLANNING 2015 INTERPROFESSIONAL ROTATIONS IN BRAZIL
Posted on 9/12/2014
APRIL OR JUNE 2015
ACTIVITIES FOR STUDENTS ON MPIE ROTATIONS
1. Travel and participate alongside Brazilian physicians, nurses, pharmacists, technicians, and students on a rural healthcare delivery trips to isolated communities.
2. Study and work with efforts by an NGO to monitor and improve the nutritional state of 200 children between 0-3 years of age that have been diagnosed as clinically malnourished.
3. Interact with local students across the health professions and share experiences and culture.
4. Meet with local university students and discuss bio-extraction techniques and research topics that involve the local plant life used in herbal remedies.
5. Participate in community health interventions in health promotion and education.
6. Explore the intricacies and complexities of the Brazilian universal healthcare system and participate in discussions with members of diverse healthcare fields about their scope of practice.
7. Observe rural community health delivery in Santarem’s surrounding communities.
8. Reflect on interprofessional patient care and how it applies to rural healthcare.