Ralph Utzman, PhD
Professor and Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education, Division of Physical Therapy, WVU School of Medicine
PhD, Health Related Sciences, Physical Therapy Track, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2006
Rural health, Parkinson's Disease, Inter-professional education
Dr. Utzman joined the faculty in 1995 as Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education. He teaches in the areas of professional roles, including ethics, clinical administration, documentation and reimbursement, and health policy. He is a past recipient of the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Education. He has been a trainer for the APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program since 1998. His interest areas include rural health and inter-professional education.
- Burt AL, Utzman RR, Evans KW, Baugh G. Community-based Interprofessional Education Fall Prevention Project. Poster presented at American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference and Exposition, Chicago, IL; April 7-10, 2016.
- Narsavage GL, Utzman RR, White T, Coole C. Inter-Professional Education (IPE) using active-learning methods and TeamSTEPPS knowledge. Poster presented at National Academies of Practice Annual Meeting & Forum, Baltimore, MD; April 8-9, 2016.
- Utzman RR, Mancinelli CM, Rice TE. Validity of the Berg Balance Scale to Predict Falls in Individuals with Peripheral Vestibular Dysfunction. Poster presented at APTA Combined Sections Meeting, Anaheim, CA; February 17-20, 2016.
- Utzman RR, Baugh G, Burt AL. Interprofessional Education and Fall Prevention in Rural Communities. Poster presented at WV Rural Health Conference, October 14, 2015.
- Baugh G, Burt AL, Utzman RR, Evans KW. Promoting Interprofessional Education through a Fall Prevention IPPE Activity. Poster presentation at American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy meeting, National Harbor, MD; June 12-13, 2015.
- Narsavage GL, Abraham RA, Cottrell S, Burt AL, Coole C, DeBiase C, Stamatakis MK,Utzman RR, Wilks D. Train the Trainer Approach to IPE Faculty Development in Appalachia. MedEd Portal iCollaborative (online)
Phone: (304) 293-1318