WVU Institute for Community and Rural Health Medical Resident Supplemental Salary Request for Proposals
- Rural hospitals, rural health clinics, or federally qualified health centers (FQHC) in West Virginia seeking a primary care physicians to practice at one or more of their locations following completion of residency.
- Sites must meet one or more of the following designation requirements:
- Be a rural site where rural is defined as Rural Urban Commuting Code (RUCA) = or > 4
- Rural hospital may not be affiliated with WV United Health System
- Have a designation of a rural health clinic or FQHC as defined by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Sites must seek and recruit a primary care resident to work at at least one of their sites following completion of residency in return for a commitment to practice. Primary care is defined as:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- General Pediatrics
- Rural Emergency Medicine
Funding will be up to $2,000 per month ($1,000 from the agency and $1,000 from the WVU Institute for Community and Rural Health)for up to three years of residency (renewed each fiscal year contingent upon funding) and must be matched by the rural hospital sponsor or the Rural Health Clinic/FQHC sponsor.