Mark Tseytlin, Ph.D.
The major focus of the Dr. Tseytlin lab will be on the development of novel spectroscopic and imaging magnetic resonance techniques, including theory, hardware and software. State-of-the-art digital rapid scan EPR spectrometer is being built now in the lab. It will be used for multi-functional EPR imaging and co-imaging using the probes that is being developed by the center. Merging of rapid scan and pulsed EPR into a new method, field modulated pulsed magnetic resonance, is another in-progress project that is being developed by Dr. Tseytlin and his group.
The sphere of interest
Development of novel magnetic resonance techniques that have become enabled by the progress in digital electronics. The goal is to improve sensitivity and functionality of EPR spectrometers and images.
· Tseitlin M, Quine RW, Rinard GA, Eaton SS, Eaton GR. Digital EPR with an arbitrary waveform generator and direct detection at the carrier frequency. J Magn Reson. 2011 Dec;213(1):119-25. PubMed PMID: 21968420; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3236097.
· Tseitlin M, Yu Z, Quine RW, Rinard GA, Eaton SS, Eaton GR. Digitally generated excitation and near-baseband quadrature detection of rapid scan EPR signals. J Magn Reson. 2014 Oct 30;249C:126-134. PubMed PMID: 25462956; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4416072.
· Tseitlin M, Mitchell DG, Eaton SS, Eaton GR. Corrections for sinusoidal background and non-orthogonality of signal channels in sinusoidal rapid magnetic field scans. J Magn Reson. 2012 Oct;223:80-4. PubMed PMID: 22967891; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3496797.
· Tseitlin M, Eaton GR, Eaton SS. Computationally Efficient Steady-State Solution of the Bloch Equations for Rapid Sinusoidal Scans Based on Fourier Expansion in Harmonics of the Scan Frequency. Appl Magn Reson. 2013 Dec;44(12):1373-1379. PubMed PMID: 24678142; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3963382.
· Tseitlin M, Biller JR, Elajaili H, Khramtsov VV, Dhimitruka I, Eaton GR, Eaton SS. New spectral-spatial imaging algorithm for full EPR spectra of multiline nitroxides and pH sensitive trityl radicals. J Magn Reson. 2014 Aug;245:150-5. PubMed PMID: 25058914; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4134677.