The home of West Virginia University's main campus, Morgantown, W.Va., was rated:
- “No. 1 Small City in America” by BizJournals.com
- Ninth best college town in America by Business Insider
- One of “Best Sports Cities” by Sporting News
- 10 great places to live by Kiplinger.com
- 5th “Best Small Metro” by Forbes
- 12th overall “Hottest Small City” by Inc.
- One of “50 Smartest Places to Live” by Kiplinger’s
- Second-ranking “Best College Town for Jobs” by Forbes
Children and Family
- Morgantown Rails and Trails
- Cheat Lake & Cheat River
- Cooper’s Rock State Forest (10 miles away)
- Ohiopyle State Park (46 miles away)
- Deep Creek Lake State Park (49 miles away)
- Audra State Park (65 miles away)
- Canaan Valley/Blackwater Falls State Parks (75 miles away)
Greater Morgantown Convention and Visitors Bureau
The Greater Morgantown Convention and Visitors Bureau seeks to create a positive economic impact on the Greater Morgantown area. This site showcases the features of Morgantown, listing dining, shopping and entertainment venues.
Monongalia County Schools
Monongalia County schools has all the information you need for the local schools. Anything from the board of education to school programs you will find here.
Morgantown Area Economic Partnership
The Morgantown Area Economic Partnership (MAP) is a nonprofit, public-private sector partnership that provides development assistance to the business community of Monongalia and Preston counties. Operating under the direction of a 22-member board of directors, this economic development partnership includes representation from local governments, the Monongalia and Preston County Economic Development Authorities, the Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce, West Virginia University, and local banks, utilities and businesses.
Board of Park and Recreation Commissioners
Board of Park and Recreation Commissioners (BOPARC) is your one stop information center for parks and trails; ice arena schedule; and other programs of interest.