WVU Healthcare employees are reminded that AIDET classes are available for those who need a refresher on the organization's service fundamentals. Visit NetLearning to register for a two-hour class.
AIDET is the acronym used to help employees remember these basic principles:
- Acknowledge – Greet people with a smile and use their name if you know them. Make eye contact and ask: "Is there anything I can do for you?"
- Introduce – Introduce yourself, your skill set, your professional certification and experience.
- Duration – Give an accurate time expectation for tests, physician arrival and tray delivery.
- Explanation – Explain to others what you are doing, how procedures work and whom to contact if they need assistance.
- Thank – Thank the patient for choosing your facility, and for their communication and cooperation. Thank the family for assistance and being there to support the patient. Foster an attitude of gratitude.