Both forms can be dropped off to Care Management office, located on the fourth floor of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, or mailed to PO Box 8237.They can also be sent to Michele Kelly.
The program helps employees provide gifts for eligible dependent children, ages birth to 13. Many departments and employees have enriched the holidays with their generosity for these children over the years.
WVU Medicine-WVU Hospitals established the Employee Holiday Assistance Program more than 20 years ago. Last year, employees helped 101 children from 57 families during the holidays.
To request help, employees can complete an application and submit it with a wish list for each child to Care Management. Applications are reviewed for eligibility prior to matching the children with sponsors.
Some tips and information:
- Applicants have been instructed to include necessary and fun items.
- The wish lists will be available for sponsors Monday, Nov. 14.
- The recommended spending allowance is $125 per child.
- Items are not to be wrapped. Include wrapping paper, bags, bows, etc.
- Delivery date for the items is Monday, Dec. 12. Early deliveries are permitted.