Doreen Bugai of Uniontown, Pa., will be delivering a free educational program to share diabetes self-management and lifestyle strategies based on extensive training and her personal experience living with diabetes. She is a member of the A1C Champions Program, which is a patient-led approach to diabetes education. A1C Champions know first-hand the challenges and obstacles to maintaining control of their diabetes.
During her presentation, “Taking Control,” Bugai will discuss:
- Achieving good glucose control
- Learning about effective self-management
- Developing a balanced, healthy lifestyle
- Planning and prioritizing diabetes management
- Overcoming fears surrounding diabetes
- Finding resources for diabetes support
For more information on the support group, contact Connie Kyle at the WVU Healthcare Diabetes Education Center at 304-598-4391 ext. 1 or email@example.com.
The A1C Champions Program is supported by Sanofi, a global and diversified healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs.
For more information: Angela Jones-Knopf, News Service Coordinator, 304-293-7087