The WVU Medicine Employee Holiday Assistance Program helps employees provide gifts for eligible dependent children, ages birth to 13. Many departments and employees have enriched the holidays with their generosity for these children over the years.
WVU Medicine established the Employee Holiday Assistance Program more than 20 years ago. Last year, WVU Medicine employees helped 101 children from 57 families during the holidays.
To request help, employees complete an application and submit it with a wish list for each child to Care Management. Applications are reviewed for eligibility prior to matching the children with sponsors.
- Applications are available online and in the Care Management Office. They are due by Thursday, Nov. 12.
- Applicants have been instructed to include necessary and fun items.
- The wish lists will be available for sponsors Tuesday, Nov. 17.
- The recommended spending allowance is $125 per child.
- Items are not to be wrapped. Include wrapping paper, bags, bows, etc.
- Delivery date for the items is Wednesday, Dec. 16. Early deliveries are allowed because space is limited in the Care Management Department.
Departments interested in sponsoring a child/children should fill out the sponsor letter. Sponsor forms, also available in the Care Management Office, are due by Thursday, Nov. 12. Mail them to WVUH Care Management Department, P.O. Box 8237, or email Michele L. Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.