Employees represented by Local 814 can save on their 2017 health insurance premiums by participating in the Key Rewards wellness screenings from Monday, Feb. 13, through Friday, March 10. Covered spouses are also required to participate.
There are seven steps that these employees and their covered spouses must complete to be eligible for reduced health insurance rates:
- Complete an annual wellness/prevention visit with a primary care provider (1/1/16 – 3/10/17)
- Click here for information on how to schedule your annual wellness/prevention visit.
- Receive a blood pressure screening (1/1/16 – 3/10/17)
- Receive a body mass index screening (1/1/16 – 3/10/17)
- Receive a fasting LDL cholesterol screening (1/1/16 – 3/10/17)
- Receive a fasting glucose screening (1/1/16 – 3/10/17)
- Complete a wellness consent and tobacco affidavit (1/1/16 – 3/10/17)
- This can be completed by visiting MyWVUChart. Click here for directions.
- Complete a wellness profile questionnaire (online through Highmark) (1/1/16 – 3/10/17)
- Employees represented by Local 814: Click here for directions.
- Covered spouses: Click here for directions.
- For technical assistance: Call Highmark Web Operations at 1-877-298-3918.
To achieve the Gold premium rate, all biometric values must be within normal levels:
- Blood Pressure less than 140/90 (both systolic and diastolic)
- Cholesterol (LDL) less than 130
- Glucose less than 126
- BMI less than 26, or percent body fat less than 18 percent for males or less than 25 percent for females
Those whose biometric values are not within normal levels will achieve the Silver premium rate.
Employees represented by Local 814 and their covered spouses who fully participated in the previous benefit re-enrollment session (1/1/16 – 11/6/16) and completed the seven steps listed above do not need to complete them again. Please contact Wellness Center at email@example.com or (304) 293-2520 to make sure these steps were completed.
Employees and covered spouses who fully participated in the previous benefit re-enrollment session but who want a different screening result (or results) recorded due to improvement must submit the result/s to the Wellness Center by March 10.
Those employees and covered spouses with screening results captured outside of WVU Medicine must submit a physical copy of the results to the Wellness Center.
Questions? Please contact the Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (304) 293-2520.