MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – WVU Occupational Medicine is offering free health services to first responders at Protecting Our Local Heroes from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Mon. to Thurs., May 9-12.
All first responders, including firefighters, law enforcement, EMS, and search and rescue, will have the opportunity to take part in eight different free services, including:
- Health history and physical exam, including OSHA questionnaire review, if appropriate
- Respirator fit testing
- Vision screening
- Wellness labs
- Height, weight, vital signs, BMI
Participants can also take advantage of the following additional services for a reduced fee:
- Commercial Drivers’ License physical exam
- Additional lab work (TSH, A1C, PSA)
- Immunizations (Hepatitis A and B, Tdap, TD, Varicella, Herpes Zoster)
- TB skin test
All medical results are kept confidential and will only be shared with the patient. Results of respirator fit testing will be shared with the departments to assist with OSHA compliance.
The screenings will take place at the WVU Occupational Medicine clinic on Evansdale campus located at 390 Birch Street in Morgantown.
Call the clinic at 304-293-3693 for more information or to schedule your department. Walk-ins are welcome.