Do you love pancakes? When compared to standard pancakes, this recipe saves more than 200 calories and 15 grams of fat, has less than half the grams of carbohydrates, and gives 3 grams of fiber. It also packs in extra protein.
These pancakes will give all the satisfaction of traditional pancakes but will keep you feeling full until lunch!
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or combination
- Blend the cottage cheese, vanilla extract, honey, egg whites, oats, cinnamon, and baking powder in blender.
- Heat a griddle or a nonstick pan to medium-low; spray with cooking spray.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto the heated surface.
- When the pancake bubbles, flip it over and cook the other side. Top with berries before serving.
Estimated nutrition facts
- Calories: 190
- Protein: 17 grams
- Carbohydrates: 26 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Added sugar: 4 g
- Total fat: 2 grams
This recipe was adapted from and approved by Helenia Sedoski, a registered dietitian at the WVU Medicine Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Original recipe and photo provided by Daisy Brand.
The WVU Center for Reproductive Medicine offers nutrition consultations. It is important to have the proper balance of nutrients and physical activity to promote a healthy BMI and good vitamin and mineral status when trying to conceive. Most insurance plans cover the cost of seeing a registered dietitian.