What’s better than chocolate-covered strawberries? How about dark chocolate stuffed strawberries with a pinch of sea salt?
Dark chocolate is a potent antioxidant that offers more health benefits than milk or white chocolate. Eating foods that are rich in antioxidants may be good for your heart health and help to lower your risk of infections and some forms of cancer.
• 10 strawberries
• ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
• pinch of sea salt
1. Wash and dry strawberries.
2. Slice top off, lay strawberry on its side, and with a sharp paring knife, cut out the core of the strawberry, being careful not to puncture through to the exterior.
3. Slice a small sliver off the bottom of the strawberry so it will stand upright.
4. In a small bowl, microwave chocolate chips and a pinch of sea salt for about one minute, and stir until smooth.
5. Carefully spoon chocolate into the space you’ve created in each strawberry.
6. Immediately sprinkle more sea salt on top of the chocolate before it sets.
7. Eat or keep refrigerated to serve later. Serves 3-4.