Did you know that hospitals in the U.S. produce more than 5.9 million tons of waste annually? This waste often ends up in a landfill where it produces methane – a potent greenhouse gas with six times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide.
ReNu High Level Disinfection (HLD) is collecting, on average, 22.2% of the recyclable items listed below that are used in Ruby Memorial and WVU Medicine clinics:
- LNCS Adult Probe
- PAPR Hoods (all sizes and styles)
- Pressure Infusor Bags
- Nellcor OxiMax (all sizes)
- Vasograd Sleeves (all sizes)
- Flexiport Vinyl Blood Pressure Cuffs (all sizes)
- Phillips 5 Leadwire Shielded grabber cables
- Aspen Cervical Collars (all sizes)
WVU Medicine is challenging its employees to recycle more of these products and keep them out of landfills.
Staff should place these items in the blue ReNu HLD bags located in the Soiled Utility Rooms in each of the units and clinics.
Please contact Tara McGregor, Value Analysis Coordinator, with any questions regarding ReNu High Level Disinfection or for new bag or bags for your unit.