The Community Leadership Academy (CLA) helps emerging and established leaders develop their leadership skills. The academy provides community leaders with a solid foundation in public organizational and financial management. Topics emphasize enhancing personal leadership skills and providing an understanding of current, complex issues affecting communities.
- Opening Speaker - Coach Nikki Izzo-Brown
- Tailgate Style Networking Reception
- Keynote Speaker - Devine Carama director of Believing In Forever Inc.
- Mobile Learning Tours Our crowd-pleasing Craft Beer Mobile Learning Tour, Culinary Mobile Learning Tour, and a brand new Culinary World Tour! Space is limited, so sign up now.
- Short Talks: Ignite Your Idea (Ignite Style)
- Breakout Sessions: Leadership, Good Governance, and Economic Strategy
- Pre-conference workshops:
- "Lighting the Way: A Strengths-Based Leadership Approach" by Kelli Jo McNemar, and "Making the Pitch" by Carrie White
Why register now?
- Early Registrants will receive an Early Bird discounted price of $195! On March 2, registration will go up to $245. Group Registrations of three or more receive an 15% discount on the admission price if you register on the same form.
- Exhibitor (includes registration and meals for one): $300.00
- Student/VISTA: $50.00
For more details about the 2018 Community Leadership Academy, please contact:
Community Leadership Academy Director, Kelly Nix, Ph.D, or call Kelly at 304-293-8680.