Members of Leadership Forum, managers and house supervisors are required to register for Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) training that is currently in progress.
To register for HICS 100, Introduction to Hospital Incident Command System and the Hospital Command Center, go to NetLearning and find "HICS 100 Training." The course will help leaders function effectively in the Hospital Command Center during activation, and will provide a detailed overview of emergency response within WVU Medicine.
The following training dates are available:
- Dec, 2: 10-11:30 a.m., Conference Room 3A/3B
- Dec.2: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Conference Room 3A/3B
- Dec. 3: 2-3:30 p.m., Conference Room 3A/3B
- Dec. 7: 0-11:30 a.m., Conference Room 3A/3B
- Dec. 7: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Conference Room 3A/3B
- Dec. 9: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Conference Room 3A/3B
- Dec. 9: 12:30-2 p.m., Conference Room 3A/3B
- Jan. 6: 2:30-4p.m., Conference Room 3A/3B
- Jan. 7: 1-2:30 p.m., Conference Room 3A/3B
- Jan. 8: 10-11:30 a.m., Conference Room 3A/3B
These are the final training opportunities for HICS 100.There will be no additional dates scheduled after Jan. 8, 2016.
This training is a prerequisite for more detailed training (HICS 200) that is being planned in 2016. The Joint Commission and National Incident Management System (NIMS) requires this level of training to be completed by anyone who may serve in a leadership role during an emergency.
10 minutes-Introduction and Pre-test
55 minutes- Instruction
- HICS Introduction
- Organization and Leadership
- Hospital Command Center and LiveProcess
15 minutes- Questions and Post-test
More information: http://hicscenter.org/SitePages/HomeNew.aspx