Congratulations to the following SPH faculty members on their recent awards:
- Adam Baus and Cecil Pollard of the Office of Health Services Research (OHSR) received a $50,000 contract to continue to provide assessment, planning, professional education and technical assistance to the New Mexico Department of Health.
- Robert Bossarte received the official notice of the two-year Injury Control Research Center Supplemental Grant. The award includes three cores and four research projects funded at a total of $887,181 in Year 1. Robin Pollini and Danielle Davidov will serve as Co-Investigators.
- Keith Zullig is the PI for one of the research projects included in the ICRC Supplemental Grant. He will receive $69,136 in the first year of his two-year project titled Expanding Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP) in an Outpatient Setting for Patients with Opioid Use Disorders.
- Toni Rudisill is the PI for another research project in the ICRC Supplemental Grant. She will receive $59,378 for her project titled What are the Barriers of Cell Phone Law Enforcement for University, Local, and State Police: A Qualitative Study. Adam Baus will serve as a Co-Investigator on the project.
- Dina Jones (Orthopaedics) is the PI for another research project on the ICRC Supplemental Award. She will receive $165,000 for her project titled Use of Tele-Exercise as an Alternative Delivery Channel for Translating an Evidence-Based Fall-Prevention Program into Practice for Older Adults in West Virginia. Doug Myers and Sijin Wen will serve as Co-Investigators.