Looking for a simple, healthy dinner? These flavorful recipes give you three options to create a well-rounded meal.
Chicken with garlic, basil, and parsley
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/89321/chicken-with-garlic-basil-and-parsley/
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Sprinkle one teaspoon parsley and one teaspoon basil evenly over the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange chicken breast halves in the dish, and sprinkle evenly with garlic slices.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining two teaspoons parsley and two teaspoons basil, salt, and red pepper; sprinkle over the chicken. Top with tomato slices.
- Bake covered in the preheated 400 degree oven 15 minutes. Remove cover, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
Roasted garlic lemon broccoli
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/144346/roasted-garlic-lemon-broccoli/
- 2 heads broccoli, separated into florets
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Spread the broccoli out in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in 400 degree preheated oven until florets are tender enough to pierce the stems with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove and squeeze lemon juice liberally over the broccoli before serving.
Quick brown rice and mushroom pilaf
Adapted from: http://bit.ly/1rp4KSe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup Minute Brown Rice, uncooked
- 6 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook three minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms; cook three minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth; stir. Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer five minutes. Remove from heat; let stand five minutes. Add walnuts and parsley; mix lightly.