MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – Of the 348 premier dentists named to Pittsburgh Magazine’s Top Dentists 2014 list, 35 have a connection to the West Virginia University School of Dentistry.
The list ranks dentists in nine specialties: anesthesiology, endodontics, general dentistry, oral and maxillofacial surgery, oral pathology, orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics, and prosthodontics.
Across all specialties, 31 of the 348 dentists are WVU graduates, including eight full- and part-time faculty members:
- Glenn A. Boyles, D.D.S., clinical associate professor in the WVU Department of Orthodontics
- Bryan Dye, D.D.S., chair of the WVU Department of Prosthodontics (Restorative Dentistry)
- Robert C. Evans, Jr., D.D.S., clinical assistant professor in the Department of Prosthodontics
- Susan Morgan, D.D.S., clinical professor in the WVU Department of Periodontics
- John “Jack” Palmer, D.D.S., clinical assistant professor in the Department of Periodontics
- Shelia Price, D.D.S., Ed.D., associate dean for admissions, recruitment, and access
- R. Constance Wiener, D.M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor in the WVU Department of Dental Practice and Rural Health
- Lawrence E. Wright, Jr., D.D.S., clinical assistant professor in the Department of Orthodontics
Four additional full- and part-time faculty members were also included on the list. They are:
- David Felton, D.D.S., professor in the Department of Restorative Dentistry
- Michael J. Hanna, D.M.D., clinical assistant professor in the WVU Department of Pediatric Dentistry
- Edward McFarland, D.M.D., clinical assistant professor in the Department of Orthodontics
- Timothy Tremont, D.D.S., clinical associate professor in the Department of Orthodontics
“The WVU School of Dentistry is poised to become a leader in dental education and care. The prime reason for that is the high quality of our faculty and staff,” Anthony “Tom” Borgia, D.D.S., interim dean of the WVU School of Dentistry, said. “Having 31 alums on this list is proof that we have been graduating highly educated, highly skilled dentists for many years. We’re very pleased to see so many members of the WVU School of Dentistry family on the list.”
The complete list can be viewed at www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pittsburgh-Magazine/August-2014/Best-Dentists-in-Pittsburgh-2014.
In addition to the Top Dentists list, Pittsburgh Magazine also published an article titled “Returning to Roots: Pittsburgh dentists refine old techniques while breaking new ground” on Monday.
The article features quotes from Dr. Borgia and Craig Mangie, D.D.S., who is on the faculty of the WVU Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. It can be found at www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pittsburgh-Magazine/August-2014/Returning-to-Roots.