Three $1,000 Leadership Scholarships are currently available to children of WVU Medicine employees who will attend any college or university as freshmen in the Fall 2016 semester. The employee must be free of performance discipline.
In addition to being a child of a WVU Medicine employee, the student must have demonstrated the following:
- leadership in school, community activities, employment or a personal situation;
- quality performance in extracurricular and volunteer activities; and
- high academic performance.
Students who would like to apply for the scholarship must:
1. Review scholarship details and complete the application.
2. Include an official copy of their high school transcripts.
3. Write an essay that describes their most important leadership experience – why it was important and what was learned. The essay should be typed, double-spaced and no longer than two pages in length.
Applications, transcripts and essays must be submitted to the Office of the President (PO Box 8136) by Friday, May 13. Winners will be announced by June 19.
For more information, please contact Katherine Cantis.