Would you like to help lead the effort to raise funds for local agencies addressing critical community needs? WVU Medicine United Way Campaign Chair Tony Condia and the Campaign Committee are looking for department coordinators to serve through the end of this year as WVU Medicine works to reach the goal of raising $180,000 for the United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties.
Employees interested in becoming a department coordinator should be willing to talk with their co-workers about donating, support departmental fundraisers and volunteer at the main event. The most important thing is that department coordinators are active and enthusiastic about benefits the United Way provides our community.
Department coordinators are asked to commit to the following:
- Serve as the face of the campaign in their department, area or clinic
- Attend department coordinator training to learn about the pledging process and other items
- Assist with questions concerning e-Pledge, pledging or United Way facts (There will be e-Pledging as well as paper pledge cards this year.)
- Conduct departmental fundraisers
- Assist with the fun, Halloween-themed main event on Friday, Oct. 30
There are many benefits in serving as a department coordinator for WVU Medicine’s United Way Campaign. Department coordinators will reap the benefits of interacting with a diverse, fun group of individuals working together to support our community. Plus, it’s a great way to meet co-workers across the organization.