Graduate Student Organization
The mission of the West Virginia University Health Sciences Center Graduate Student Organization (GSO) is to represent and support the interests of the University’s current and future graduate student community by providing scholarly activities and offering leadership, service, and social opportunities. The HSC GSO exists to enrich the experience of the University’s graduate students and aims to accomplish these objectives by responding to the changing collective needs of our primary constituents. The HSC GSO is appropriately organized to accomplish the following unique functions:
- advocate the position of the graduate student body to other University and external constituencies;
- represent the broad interests of graduate students to the University’s academic units through a network of departmental delegates;
- furnish accessible, reliable, and valuable information, services, and programs to current and prospective graduate students;
- provide a forum that will facilitate and encourage opportunities for interaction and networking among a diverse graduate student population from WVU and other Universities;
- seek funding to support organizational activities;
- address the constructive feedback of the WVU faculty;
- promote a sense of community among graduate students and their families.
The HSC GSO is made up of students who support the University’s current and future graduate student community by providing scholarly activities and offering leadership, service, and social opportunities.