The Biomedical Sciences at West Virginia University Health Science Center have a long history of excellence in graduate education. Our goal is to give students a strong start and then provide them the resources to achieve their own goals.
- All students have a faculty and a student advisor until they choose their dissertation mentor.
- Graduate school begins with a week-long orientation that helps students develop as a team, meet faculty looking to recruit a student, and develop key skills for success in the first semester curriculum.
- All students use the Individual Development Plan (IDP) to develop and monitor their acquisition of key transferable skills for success. The student and advisor revisit the IDP annually.
- Our laboratories are populated primarily by graduate students allowing for personal, one-on-one training.
- We support strong core facilities to allow all students to have state-of-the art equipment and expert advice to conduct their experiments and learn new techniques.
- Students in good academic standing are supported in their dissertation laboratory for the duration of their time in graduate school.
Please follow the links in the navigation to learn more about our programs as well as the process for applying to West Virginia University and interviewing with us.