MD/PHD Scholars Program
The dual MD/Ph.D. Medical Scientist Program will prepare you for an academic career that combines the practice and teaching of clinical medicine with investigation of mechanisms of disease. The long range goal is to train you to be an independent investigator and function as a physician/scientist. The average time to completion for the MD, PhD degree is 7.9 years.
Students receive a stipend of $25,000 with full university tuition coverage and graduate student health insurance.
- WVU MD/Ph.D. graduates receive top residency choices
- Our stipend is of great value due to our low cost of living in West Virginia
- Step 1 Average = 225 (221 National)
Step 2 Average = 237 (230 National)
- Morgantown has been considered one of the best small cities in America
- The WVU School of Medicine has been recognized as one of the top ten schools of medicine in the country for rural medicine, and placed in the top 50 for primary care.