The mission of the West Virginia University Biomedical Post-Doctoral Association is to empower our post-doctoral scholars through enhancing career development, supporting mentor-mentee relationships, and fostering independent growth during this valuable training step.
Our membership is open to all post doctoral trainees at the West Virginia University Health Sciences Center.
Some of the activities and opportunities provided by the WVU Health Sciences Post-Doctoral Organization include:
- Monthly meetings focused on career advancing skills
- Individual affiliate memberships to the National Postdoctoral Association
- Travel Awards to support postdoc attendance to scientific meetings
- Facilitating teaching opportunities Advising individual postdocs
- Opportunity to attend a Grant Writing Seminar on-campus
- Advocating for postdoc inclusion in the activities of other campus organizations
- Access to resources provided by the West Virginia University Office of Graduate Life & Education (e.g. Preparing Future Faculty Workshop, Science Writing Support Non-Native English Speakers, Individual Development Plans, etc.)
National Postdoc Appreciation Week in September 19-23, 2016. Stop by, bring your mentor and enjoy posters, pizza and cake on September 23rd, noon-1:30pm in the hallway behind Cavanaugh's Coffee/Pylons lobby. Open to all Postdocs and their mentors.
For more information on the Individual Development Plan that is required, please visit the IDP section at:
The IDP Reporting form to complete and submit is HERE.