WVU Purchasing Instructions
WVU Purchasing Instructions
The Authorized Radiation User/Principal Investigator (ARU/PI) or his/her designee must submit a written document (order form) to their departmental accounting representative or EBO to request the purchase of any radionuclide or radiation producing device. Data must first be entered in Oracle to obtain a requisition number and subsequently request a Purchase Order Number from Radiation Safety Department (RSD).
Information that must be included on each order form to complete procurement transaction in Oracle:
- Supplier name, address, and phone number
- ARU/PI name, address, and phone number
- Order type: HAZMAT
- Category: RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL
- Description must include:
- Vendor Catalog Number
- Radionuclide requested (e.g. P-32, H-3, I-125, S-35, C-14 etc)
- Compound (e.g., deoxycytidine 5’ triphosphate/dATP; Adenosine 5’-triphosphate/ATP; Sodium Chromate/Cr-51, Thymidine/H-3, dCTP, CTP etc.
- Radionuclide Activity (e.g.,.005 mCi, 1 mCi)
- (written in mCi or uCi only)
- ARU/PI Name
- NRC License # and Expiration Date
- UOM: EACH
- Quantity: 1
- Note: A separate Purchase Order Number must be generated for each order. The only exception to this rule is if you are ordering kits and they have to come in quantities of more than one.
- Unit Price
- Total Price
- Shipping Charges
- Funding Information
- Research Corp or State Funds
- WVU’s NRC license number and expiration date
- Signature of ARU/PI
The department accounting designee or EBO should enter the order form data submitted to procure the radionuclide or radiation producing device into Oracle to generate a requisition number, solicit approval and request a purchase order number.
The requisition, if data is entered correctly as stated above, will automatically be forwarded to RSD Radionuclide Buyer, Lori Brownlee, to audit, approve and issue the Purchase Order Number.
WVU Procurement Services located at the Waterfront does not provide the purchase order numbers for radionuclide orders - all radionuclide purchase order numbers must be obtained from Radiation Safety Department.
The department accounting representative or EBO should then fax a copy of the completed order form to RSD Radionuclide Buyer, Lori Brownlee.
- Assigned Oracle Requisition Number
- EBO Name
- EBO email address (for notification of approved purchase order number.)
Note: Do not provide the ARU/PI or his/her designee the Purchase Order Number until you have received an email from Radiation Safety Department authorizing the purchase and providing the assigned purchase order number.
Radiation Safety Department’s Fax # 304-293-4529
The RSD Radionuclide Buyer will proceed to:
- Process the requisition accordingly in Oracle to authorize issuance of the Purchase Order Number.
- Notify the department accounting representative or EBO of the approved Purchase Order Number.
The departmental accounting representative or EBO should either:
- Place the phone order with the vendor; or
- Notify the ARU/PI or his/her designee of the approved Purchase Order Number and they place the phone order with the vendor;
- Either way, use the ship to address provided below.
WVU Radiation Safety Department
Health Sciences Central Receiving
One Medical Center Drive
Morgantown, WV 26506
Upon delivery, RSD will:
- Accept delivery of radionuclide order;
- Radionuclide deliveries are normally received in HSC Central Receiving between the hours of 10:30am and 3:30pm M-F.
- Process each package according to regulatory requirements;
- Notify the ARU/PI or his/her lab personnel when a radionuclide package is available for pickup in Radiation Safety Department, Room G-179 Health Sciences-North;
- Obtain the necessary ID and signature from the ARU/PI or his/her designee picking up the radionuclide package;
- Release the package to the ARU/PI or his/her designee; and complete the required Oracle on-line receiving data entry.
** IMPORTANT RULES TO REMEMBER **
- Radionuclides cannot be ordered using a credit card! Purchase Orders Only!
- A separate PO # must be generated for each radionuclide ordered, with an allowable quantity limit of 1. (Ex: 1 mCi of P-32, 1 mCi of P-33.
- These would require two separate PO numbers. The only exception is for kits that only come in multiple quantities.)
- RSD is responsible for issuing all radionuclide purchase order numbers and completing on-line receiving data entry.
- Radionuclide order must be the exact radioisotope approved under the purchase order issued by RSD Buyer.
For additional assistance
Please call the Radionuclide buyer:
Radiation Safety Department