Confused or Need Help?
Examples of Labeling/Marking
Listed are some helpful resources that can be use when shipping hazardous or biological materials:
- International Air Transportation Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulation Manual.
- Regulations for International/Air Shipment
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Office of Hazardous Materials Safety Online Regulations.
- Regulations for US Shipment
- Call the Hazardous Materials Information Center at 1–800–467–4922 (in Washington, DC, call (202) 366–4488). The Center is staffed from 9 a.m. through 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday except Federal holidays. After hours, you can leave a recorded message and your call will be returned by the next business day.
- FedEx Service Info Hazardous-Materials Shipment
- Call 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339) and press 81
- United Parcel Service Guide for Shipping Ground and Air Hazardous Materials
If you have any further questions, please call the Health Sciences Center Safety Office at (304) 293-0952.