Request the Transport Team: 1-855-WVU-KIDS or 1-855-988-5437
Preparing the Patient for Transport
When arranging for patient transport via the Transport Team of WVU Children’s Hospital, please have this information available:
- Patient name
- Diagnosis, presenting problem, or mode of injury
- Vital signs
- Pertinent laboratory / diagnostic data
- Treatment received
- Contact phone number
If on-site telemedicine consult is necessary please follow the NICU Telemedicine procedures.
Transport Team (In-Route) Procedures:
- Phone MCP and let them know that you need to connect to them
- Ensure Toughbook is connected to amulance wireless
- Plug in the webcam (located in the carrier attached to the handle of the toughbook).
- Place camera on top of the toughbook.
- Go to Vidyo icon on the Toughbook desktop
- Join the MCP's Vidyo Room to connect
- Complete QI Form (located in the third slot of our transport desk file).