If you have a large set of photos, you should first consider adding these to your social media pages. This is the most effective place for these images. You can also add links in the descriptions of these galleries and images that point people to the website with additional information. You can discuss photo gallery options with Dave Ryan. In the event that social media is not the best route to add photo galleries, the website has an option to add photo galleries. This should be the alternative to social media and not the first option.
- Think social media first as this is the place audiences will engage with these albums the most - Facebook, Twitter
- Link to the website from images or galleries on social media
- Be sure to follow WVU’s Guidelines and tips on social media usage
- If social media is not the best route to take with a photo gallery websites have photo gallery pages that can display these
- This should be a fallback option to social media and not the primary option
- Dave Ryan can help with deciding if a photo gallery should be on social media or a website