The HSC Directory is the central application that ensures information for all faculty and staff remain up-to-date and allows all of the websites to utilize the correct information. Learn about editing people in the HSC Directory.
People must be listed using the HSC Directory macro. Do not manually list people in any other way in the editor. Manually created listings of people lead to outdated and inconsistent content.
Adding a Person or List of People #
- Place the cursor on a new line in the editor.
- Click the Insert Macro button.
- This will present a box to the right with a grid style macro listing. Choose HSC Directory.
- You will be presented with a set of options you will need to complete in order to display the directory listing:
- Title (Optional): Enter a Title for the people listed.
- User ID, Feed URL, or Department ID: Use one of the three fields to get a list of people from the HSC Directory - User ID, Feed URL, or Department ID.
- Sort by User ID/Feed URL List Order (Optional): Selecting the “Sort by User ID/Feed URL List Order” checkbox will list the people in the order that the comma separated IDs are placed in the User ID field or at the end of the generated Feed URL. If this checkbox is not selected the people will be listed in order of position by default (Chair, etc.). This checkbox does not work when using the Department ID field to list people from Directory.
- Hide User Photo (Optional): Selecting the “Hide User Photo” checkbox will hide each person’s photo in the list.
- Click Submit.
Retrieving Profiles from the HSC Directory #
User ID #
Each person listed in the HSC Directory is assigned a unique ID. A list of people can be generated in the HSC Directory macro by entering each user’s ID into the User ID field separated by commas.
Finding a User's ID #
While viewing a person’s profile in the HSC Directory, you will find the person’s user ID at the end of the URL in the browser’s address bar after “Index/”.
Feed URL #
A Feed URL is a URL that can be customized for specific use cases, by including one or more user IDs, one or more department IDs, or a combination of the two. This is the most efficient way of generating a list of people.
You must have access to the Directory Manager tool to be able to generate a Feed URL. If you do not have access to the Directory Manager tool or if you need help generating a feed URL, please email CMS Desk for assistance.
Department ID #
Each department page in the HSC Directory is assigned a unique ID. Individuals from multiple departments can be generated in the HSC Directory macro by entering each department’s ID into the Department ID field separated by commas.
Finding a Department's ID #
While viewing a department’s directory page in the HSC Directory, you will find the department’s ID at the end of the URL in the browser’s address bar after “Department?id=”.