Creating and Deleting Pages
Creating Pages #
After writing your content, you are ready to create a page in your website. Creating pages is also a great way to diffuse an originally very long page into a shorter page with sub pages. This can help readability and make things much easier to digest for the user.
Guidelines for Naming Pages #
- Name your pages with keywords in mind. Think of how your page's name will appear in search results.
- Keep in mind that a page's name will also become it's URL. (Example Page Name will become example-page-name.)
- Do not abbreviate words in page names.
Creating a Page #
- Click the Menu/Options button, or right click, on the page you want to create a page under.
- Click Create.
- Click the document type (Example: Content Page, Profile Listing, etc.) you want to create.
- Review the Guidelines for Naming Pages, then fill in the "Page Title" field.
- Add your content (review the Creation section for further details about content creation in the editor).
- Click Save and Publish.
Deleting Pages #
Before deleting a page, ask yourself if the page can be re-used at a later time. If so, consider unpublishing the page, then republishing when the content is relevant. Keep in mind: Unpublishing a page should not be a substitute for deleting pages. They are not interchangeable.
Deleting a Page #
- Click the Menu/Options button, or right click, on the page you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Click "OK".