The West Virginia University Health Sciences Library will host an opening reception for “Health Sciences Professionals Create!”, an exhibit of art and craft by Health Sciences students, staff and faculty, on Feb. 26 from noon to 1 p.m. at the Health Sciences Center Pylons.
From creative hobbies and interests such as photograph, quilting and illustration to using medical tools, glasswork, beeswax and painting, this exhibit shows the variety of talent of those walking the halls of Health Sciences. The Art in the Libraries committee selected the works from submissions to a call issued in 2019.
The artists include:
· Kimberly Bailey, assistant professor of surgery
· Melina B. Flanagan, associate professor of pathology, director Cytopathology Section
· Denise Gray, grants administrator and research coordinator
· Joshua Libell, media student
· Beth Ann McCormick, program specialist, Pathologists’ Assistant Program
· Ryan Mezan, medical student
· Mackenzie Newman, Ph.D. candidate
· Benjamin Silverberg, family medicine physician
· R. Constance Weiner, associate professor of dentistry
The exhibit will be on display in the Health Sciences Library through March. The library is also hosting “Pictures of Nursing: The Zwerdling Postcard Collection,” a traveling exhibit developed and produced by the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, through Feb. 15.
In addition, two exhibits will be on display by the HSC Pylons through the spring semester: “Looking at Appalachia: Selections” and “Dance: Prints by Cylla von Tiedemann.”
CONTACT: Sally Brown Deskins
Exhibits & programs coordinator for WVU Libraries