Chancellor’s Academic Scholar Award
This award honors faculty who exemplify the model of an academic scholar through outstanding accomplishments in teaching and scholarly activities. The scholarly activities must demonstrate how their research enhances the learning environment, as well as how interactions with learners can inspire research.
Criteria for Selection
- Contributes substantial effort to teaching and scholarly activities
- Outstanding accomplishments in teaching and scholarly activities
- Engages in teaching strategies that encourage learners to ask questions that may lead to new discoveries
- Facilitates learning by investigation, as well as development and application of problem-solving skills
- Integrates scholarship and clinical perspectives in teaching
- Contributes to a positive culture within their unit
Required Materials in Support of Nomination
- Abridged CV, including relevant teaching and research details (five-page limit)
- A brief description of the relationship between their teaching and research activities (two-page limit)
- At least one letter of support from faculty or students (maximum of three)
- At least one example of how the nominee meets the criterion "contributes to a positive culture within their unit"
Suggested Materials in Support of Nomination
- Evaluation of courses which integrate research