Outstanding Achievement in Teaching Award
This award honors faculty for outstanding achievement in advancing the teaching mission of WVU Health Sciences.
Criteria for Selection
- Contributes to a positive culture within their unit
Nominees should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Outstanding Teaching Performance. Evidence of effective teaching performance should include teaching evaluations by faculty colleagues, as well as student evaluations. Teaching performance should include evidence of effective teaching techniques and classroom innovation.
- Outstanding Teaching Scholarship and Student Service. Evidence of leadership, committee work and other initiatives that support the advancement of teaching and student growth. There should also be evidence that the nominee is involved with students outside of the classroom on a regular basis (e.g., leading discussion groups, advising student clubs, or working with small groups of students).
- Documented Student Outcomes. There should be evidence that former students have been successful in their subsequent academic and professional careers, have used the concepts or techniques taught by the nominee, or are involved with their profession through teaching, scholarship or student service.
Required Materials in Support of Nomination
- Abridged CV, including relevant teaching details (five-page limit)
- At least one letter of support from colleagues (maximum of three)
- At least one letter of support from students (maximum of three)
- Brief summary of student course evaluations (two-page limit)
- At least one example of how the nominee meets the criterion "contributes to a positive culture within their unit"