Team Achievement Award
This award honors a team (three or more) of faculty, of staff, or a team of faculty and staff, for their combined effort in accomplishing a goal, such as a specific project, initiative or event.
Criteria for Selection
The team’s activities should reflect one or more of the following attributes:
- Collaboration: An ability to work with employees in another department or division toward a shared goal or outcome that benefits a major sector of WVU Health Sciences.
- Innovation: Exceptional efforts to enhance WVU Health Sciences’s effectiveness through innovations in the operations of WVU Health Sciences.
- Responsiveness: Exceptional responses to an unforeseen circumstance or extraordinary situation.
- Teamwork: An ability to recognize and fully utilize the diverse talents of a team of staff to achieve a goal.
Required Materials in Support of Nomination
- Nomination letter (two-page limit)
- Description of team-based effort (three-page limit)
- Summary of mission (two-page limit)
- List of active participants and a description of individual roles
- Documentation of outcomes describing targeted mission
Suggested Materials in Support of Nomination
- Statement from “end users” regarding quality and impact of program
- Evidence of product that resulted from the collaborative effort (e.g. course, grant, publication, service learning, patient outcomes)