Community-Engaged Team Research Award
This award honors faculty research teams who develop effective collaboration with community-based organizations (e.g schools, non-profit organizations, private clinics, or other community organizations) that result in outstanding scholarly and community outcomes.
Criteria for Selection
- Improved insights into the research question or interpretation of data
- Enhanced translation of research to real world settings
- Design of culturally- and language-appropriate interventions
- Increased capacity for a community to serve its citizens
- Study of previously under-investigated populations or settings
- Increased communication between researchers and communities
- Reduction of community health disparities
- Improved community health outcomes
Suggested Materials in Support of Nomination
- Nomination letter (2 page limit)
- Relevant research publications, including citations and links.
- White papers or best practice papers given significant weight.
- Description of the extent of collaborative involvement of each member of the research team must be included.
- Publications must be able to be independently verified by the award committee
- A maximum of two letters of support from community partners
- Supplemental evidence documenting a positive impact of the research on the community