Go First Award
This award honors a team (3 or more) of faculty, staff, or a team of faculty and staff that has demonstrated positive outcomes and enhanced the missions of the Health Sciences Center through implementation of innovations or quality improvement measures in their respective area. This may be innovations developed at WVU, as well as innovations developed elsewhere and brought to WVU.
Criteria for Selection
The innovations should include one or more of the following:
- New technology that has had a positive effect on the research, teaching, or service missions of the HSC
- New method/s or practice/s related to teaching or training that has improved the educational mission at the HSC
- New policy or practice that has created new opportunities for growth or new areas of outstanding achievement at the HSC
- New policy or practice that has increased the efficiency of the HSC
Ideally, the benefits of the innovation should be evident across more than one school at the HSC.
Required Materials in Support of Nomination
- Nomination letter (2 page limit)
- A description of the innovation (3 page limit)
- List of active participants and a description of individual roles
- Evidence of a positive outcomes or effects of the innovation on the HSC