Outstanding Achievement in Service
This award honors faculty for their outstanding achievement in advancing the service mission of the HSC.
Criteria for Selection
- Significant involvement, as a WVU representative, in local, regional, state, national or international service related to the nominee’s professional area.
- Leadership roles in professional service.
- Excellence in contributions of service to the department, college, or university.
- Creation of new opportunities for students to combine learning and service (e.g., service learning courses, internships, Master’s theses, and participation in civic improvement or citizen action projects).
- Positive student outcomes from involvement in the nominee’s community service work.
- Acquisition of extramural funding and other resources for the university related to professional service.
- Creation of new research and consultation opportunities for faculty related to professional service.
Suggested Materials in Support of Nomination
- Nomination letter (2 page limit)
- Abridged CV, including relevant service details (5 page limit)
- Three letters of support from colleagues, students, or community members
- Supplemental evidence documenting positive impact of service (5 page limit)