Outstanding Achievement in Teaching Award
This award honors faculty for outstanding achievement in advancing the teaching mission of the HSC.
Criteria for Selection
Nominees should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Outstanding Teaching Performance. Evidence of effective teaching performance should include teaching evaluations by faculty colleagues, as well as student evaluations. Teaching performance should include evidence of effective teaching techniques and classroom innovation.
- Outstanding Teaching Scholarship and Student Service. Evidence of leadership, committee work, and other initiatives that support the advancement of teaching and student growth. There should also be evidence that the nominee is involved with students outside of the classroom on a regular basis (e.g., leading discussion groups, advising student clubs, or working with small groups of students).
- Documented Student Outcomes. There should be evidence that former students have been successful in their subsequent academic and professional careers, have used the concepts or techniques taught by the nominee, or are involved with their profession through teaching, scholarship, or student service.
Required Materials in Support of Nomination
- Abridged CV, including relevant teaching details (5 page limit)
- At least one (maximum of three) letters of support from colleagues
- At least one (maximum of three) letters of support from students
- Brief summary of student course evaluations (2 page limit)