This award honors faculty who exemplify the model of an academic scholar through outstanding accomplishments in teaching and research. These scholars must demonstrate how their research enhances the learning environment, as well as how interactions with learners can inspire research.
Criteria for Selection
- Contributes substantial effort to teaching and research.
- Outstanding accomplishments in teaching and research.
- Engages in teaching strategies that encourage learners to ask questions that may lead to new discoveries.
- Facilitates learning by investigation, as well as development and application of problem-solving skills.
Suggested Materials in Support of Nomination
- Abridged CV, including relevant teaching and research details (limit 5 pages)
- Evaluation of courses which integrate research
- A brief (two-page limit) description of the relationship between their teaching and research activities
- Maximum of three letters of support from faculty or students