Being Home in Petersburg
Jagged stretches of the Appalachians surround Petersburg. The geography and biodiversity here are outstanding! Petersburg, for me, is all about its outdoors: mountain biking, hiking, caving, rock climbing, kayaking, swimming, fishing... What about you? How do you engage the community and develop a positive sense of place in Petersburg?
- Alfredos Italian Pizzeria
- Georgia's Place Cafe
- Cheetah B's restaurant
- Family Traditions Restaurant. States that it's "country cooking in a hometown atmosphere since 1997" and serves up the "best burgers in town"
- 3rd Base Sports Bar and Grille
- Golden Lanes Bowling Alley
- Landes Art Center. Check their events schedule to see what music or art are featured during your stay in Petersburg.
- Viking Memorial Stadium features Petersburg High School football
- Haunted Dream. A haunted house just south of Petersburg that provides scares in exchange for donations to local causes.
- Tri-County Fair (late July to early September)
- North Fork Mountain Trail. This is a 17.5 mile out-and-back trail along the rocky top of iconic Appalachian bluffs. Its proximity from Petersburg makes this trail a must-visit.
- Dolly Sods (35-minutes west)
- Roraring Plains Trailhead (45-minutes west)
- White Grass (one-hour west, cross-country skiing resort)
- Walk just uphill of Grant Memorial Hospital where a Civil War fort used to be.
E-mail Gerardo Patron with feedback on your adventures in Petersburg!
The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed on this website belong solely to the author and not the author’s employer, West Virginia University. They are not intended as an endorsement or recommendation on behalf of West Virginia University of any person, organization, activity, product, or service.